Pupil Wellbeing Questionnaire
Working with a committed team we helped to build the PWQ (Pupil Wellbeing Questionnaire) for primary schools in the City of Edinburgh.
Our main role was to make it understandable and engaging for quite young children. It makes use of questions and answer options which are spoken and well as displayed on the page. Children can choose an avatar.
The PWQ was designed to cover
- Promoting resilience & personal coping skills
- Positive respectful relationships & empathy
- Safe, caring, supportive learning environment
Each school receives a report of their pupils responses, and Edinburgh has an overall report.
The PWQ and the system we developed for delivering it, have been improved and updated throughout is life.
It has been used for more than ten years.
As with all the surveys we support, user driven methods are in place for communicating with all interested parties and so that progress can be monitored throughout the collection process. As soon as the survey is completed the different strands of data are collected in a series of reports and spreadsheets, which can be downloaded
Over the years more reports have been added to that the following are now available.
- Wellbeing Summary
- Age Range report showing differences associated with pupils’ age
- Gender report showing differences associated with pupils’ gender
- School Years report showing differences associated with school year
- Spine report comparing school’s results in the current year with the overall for each question.
- History report charting results for each time the school does the PWQ, and comparing them with overall trends
Some of these reports are available as spreadsheets that can be use for creating charts and performing calculations.